Studio For is seeking a full-time Senior Architect to join our team. We are a multi-disciplinary design studio based in Manhattan with residential, commercial, and community projects across the US and internationally. We pride ourselves on creating spaces for change and we place people and relationships at the core of our practice.
We offer this unique opportunity for a skilled and dedicated individual to work with us on various facets of a client-driven design and hands-on construction process. Our creative culture emphasizes a collaborative approach with each of us taking on various roles as needed while providing the tools to allow individuals to efficiently work independently as well. We greatly value education and foster an environment of mentorship within our Studio. As a woman and BIPOC-owned small business, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace and extend these practices to the projects we choose.
We add to our team thoughtfully and are therefore looking for someone who shares our values, aesthetic sensibilities, and passion for the causes we champion. Candidates should be detail-oriented, comfortable leading and mentoring teams, and able to present and communicate ideas effectively.
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University,
· 7-10 years minimum full-time work experience in an architectural firm,
· Ability to manage a project from pre-design through construction administration phase,
· Extensive experience working with and presenting ideas to clients and stakeholders,
· Extensive experience collaborating with consultants and construction trades,
· Demonstrated experience leading and managing project teams,
· Knowledge of building codes, regulatory standards, and construction details,
· Knowledge of and experience in tracking of project financials,
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once,
· Willing to work independently and collaboratively, and
· Strong proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch Up, and Rhino. Knowledge in REVIT is ideal.
This is a full-time in-person position with starting compensation ranging from $95,500-$105,000 (commensurate with experience). Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits and reimbursement of membership dues. Please email resume, selected work samples, and professional references to info(at)studioforny.com with “Senior Architect Job Posting” in the subject line.