Studio Fōr is seeking a full-time Intermediate Architect/Designer to join our team. We are a multi-disciplinary design studio based in Manhattan with residential, commercial, and community projects across the US and internationally. We pride ourselves on creating spaces for change and we place people and relationships at the core of our practice.
We offer this unique opportunity for a skilled and dedicated individual to work with us on various facets of a client-driven design and hands-on construction process. Our creative culture emphasizes a collaborative approach with each of us taking on various roles as needed while providing the tools to allow individuals to efficiently work independently as well. We greatly value education and foster an environment of mentorship within our Studio. As a woman and BIPOC-owned small business, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace and extend these practices to the projects we choose.
We add to our team thoughtfully and are therefore looking for someone who shares our values, aesthetic sensibilities, and passion for the causes we champion. Candidates should be detail-oriented, willing to take initiative, and able to present and communicate ideas effectively.
· A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited University,
· 3-5 years minimum full-time work experience in an architectural firm,
· Understanding of the design and construction processes from pre-design through construction administration phase,
· Demonstrated strong technical drawing and presentation skills,
· Experience working with and presenting ideas to clients and stakeholders,
· Experience collaborating with consultants and construction trades,
· Knowledge of building codes, regulatory standards, and construction details,
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once,
· Willing to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and
· Full proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Sketch Up, Rhino and V-Ray. Knowledge in REVIT is ideal.
This is a full-time in-person position with starting compensation ranging from $65,500-$80,000 (commensurate with experience). Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), HSA, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits and reimbursement of licensure exam fees or membership dues. Please email resume, selected work samples, and professional references to info(at)studioforny.com with “Intermediate Architect Job Posting” in the subject line.