Senior Manager, Store Design, Retail Design & Development Center North America MAC Schedule: Full-time
This role calls for an individual with an acute visual awareness and creative skillset to find attractive design solutions while maintaining an aesthetic that’s on-brand. Highly flexible and motivated to understand and represent MAC design, current visual merchandising needs, when designing for the customer journey at all MAC consumer facing touch-points.
• Elevate and deliver a complete retail Store Design experience for all MAC NA points of sale.
• Manage and drive the MAC SD programs and priorities, to deliver best in class design solutions for our retail partners and clients.
• Lead important projects from start to finish. Detail oriented with the ability to delegate, multi-task, and prioritizes in order to maintain deadlines.
• Delivers speed-to-market design and construction solutions at point of sales, cost optimization, and fostering quality and creativity while supporting our business priorities.
• Drive & deliver MAC SD initiatives while ensuring creative strategy and brand values are successfully implemented and are aligned with global vision and are locally relevant.
• Act as a key partner with the Global SD&VM and North America VM team to stay abreast of Global and VM initiatives and which could influence NA Store Design.
• Build strong partnership; collaborating with the FSVP's, brand marketing team and cross-functional support teams like CSD and IP.
• Ensure highest level of excellence in all creative and executional phases of work, including key business drivers such as: budget, timeframe, and quality control.
• Share a clear and accurate weekly update of all work in progress during our team strategy meetings.
• Set key performance objectives for SD team and construction activities and clearly communicate priorities and target results to key stakeholders.
• Work closely with retail partners, display vendors, engineers, and multiple internal brand teams.
• Keep all parties updated on scheduling, on-counter dates for merchandising tools, and work with key executives to manage issues as they arise
• Ensure brand design standards are communicated and updated to corporate store design team. Input on cost reduction and design detail value engineering is desired.
• Maintain working relationship with all internal and external groups. Awareness of retailer processes, restrictions, and schedules.
University-level education or equivalent, with major in Architecture or Interior Design
Minimum 5 years of related design experience in the luxury retail space with at least 4 years’ experience in managing a team.
Proven track record in interpreting brand strategy in a growing environment with full-scope project design and project development experience.
Ability to multi-task and execute several projects in a timely and efficient manner; must be able to follow projects from concept to completion.
Self-starter with excellent project management, organizational, and presentation skills.
Excellent people management and leadership and negotiation abilities.
Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas and concepts clearly and accurately to cross functional partners.
Knowledge of technical drawings, project management, materials and manufacturing processes.
Knowledge of retail environments (Free Standing, Department and Specialty Stores).
Kept abreast of current fashion, beauty and lifestyle trends.
Software Skills: Autocad, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign & Photoshop, Rhino a plus
Ability to lead inspire and influence
Excellent problem solving and flexibility a must
Thrives in a dynamic fast paced environment
Must be collaborative and build strong relationships with retailers, VM, field and all cross-functional teams