We are seeking summer interns to produce models and high quality, cutting edge graphic presentations; to assist with design and construction documents for public sector projects; and to support projects in construction across our four studios. Summer interns may be assigned to work on various phases of project development and may also support specific marketing initiatives. A willingness to participate in a wide range of tasks is critical to success. These positions are suitable for current students.
Required Skills & Experience
· Currently working towards a Bachelor or Master of Architecture
· Able to work 10-12 consecutive weeks, in person from our office in Manhattan
· Strong graphic skills with outstanding 3D presentation skills
· Model making skills: wood, metal, plastic, paper (laser cutter and traditional construction)
· Functional knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3d Studio Max, SketchUp, Rhino
· Focused, organized, detail-oriented
· Ability to juggle multiple assignments
· Strong communication skills
· Authorization to work in the US
About Dattner Architects
Dattner Architects foundation is civic architecture. We have a passion for the city and for designing inspired, socially impactful spaces. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our practice is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a vibrant working environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
To apply: Summer Internship
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10 MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner