Technology plays an integral role in our firm's daily operations and vision, and we are committed to the exploration and implementation of new technology. Currently we are looking for a collaborative BIM Support Specialist to join our Digital Design team. The selected candidate will report to our Digital Design Director, work directly with design teams, and also engage with our IT team.
· Assist in establishing, developing, and implementing design technology workflows and guidelines
· Create and maintain Revit parametric content and related tutorials
· Communicate and workshop established processes, procedures, practices, and workflows
· Educate and train team members in Revit and related software
· Work with Studio Resource Leaders to implement Studio-specific Digital Design initiatives and standards.
· Oversee Revit troubleshooting performed by Project BIM Coordinators to ensure standards are met
· Monitor BIM models for quality and content throughout the project delivery process
· Assist with 3D coordination and interoperability
· Participate in office and firmwide planning, relative to design technology innovation and implementation
Required Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture or design
· 2-5+ years’ relevant professional experience in Revit
· Familiarity with Lumion, Enscape, etc.; Working knowledge of Grasshopper, Dynamo, Revit API, Python, or other coding languages a plus
· Knowledge of architectural design, drawing set production, and 3D coordination
· Able to work well independently and in collaboration with teams
· Strong communication skills, including ability to articulate design technology and workflows
· Ability to develop and effectively teach new processes, workflows, concepts, software skills, etc.
· Self-starter who is focused, well-organized, and detail-oriented
· Authorization to work in the United States
About Dattner Architects
Dattner Architects foundation is civic architecture. We have a passion for the city and for designing inspired, socially impactful spaces. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our practice is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a vibrant working environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
To apply: BIM Support Specialist
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10 MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner