Dattner Architects is seeking a talented Architect to join our residential studio. The selected candidate will be a key member of the project team during all phases of project development, from design presentation through construction administration. This hands-on role will include developing design options, producing interior and exterior detailing, and insuring drawing coordination for urban housing developments in the New York City.
Qualified candidates will have:
· Bachelor or Master of Architecture Degree
· 5-8 years’ professional experience
· Architectural Registration preferred
· Experience with NYC residential projects, specifically affordable housing
· Interest in sustainability
· Outstanding design and presentation skills
· Excellent analytical and technical skills, including knowledge of NYC zoning and building code, Construction Set development, and detailing ability
· Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Articulate, with strong oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency with Revit
· Functional knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, 3d Studio Max, and/or Rhino
· Authorization to work in the US
About Dattner Architects
Dattner Architects foundation is civic architecture. We have a passion for the city and
for designing inspired, socially impactful spaces. This defines our work and has led to numerous awards. Our practice is organized around three studios, each of which focuses on a specific typology: housing; education, cultural and healthcare; infrastructure and transportation. With over 100 people in our Manhattan office, we maintain a vibrant working environment. Learning and professional growth are nurtured through mentorship and daily collaboration, as well as socialization. We regularly host continuing education seminars, “happy hour” presentations, and employee art exhibits. Our firm fosters diversity, community engagement, and live-work balance.
To apply: Architect - Residential
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Portfolios should include examples of personal/academic and professional work and be limited to 10 MB.
Dattner Architects is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit our website to learn more about our firm culture and employment practices: Careers at Dattner