At Magnusson Architecture and Planning (MAP) we work to foster a collegial, collaborative, and team-based studio environment, focused on thoughtful planning and design solutions to support and elevate our clients’ missions. Project Architects perform tasks in all areas of architectural design as part of a team under the supervision of a Project Manager and Principal/Associate-in-Charge. Project Architects are responsible for specific technical design aspects of our work, including: investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions, products, and assemblies that best meet the client’s needs. They also perform analysis of code and agency regulations, planning and occupancy studies, and limited design layouts and options. Depending on project needs, the Project Architect may coordinate and/or manage outside consultants, and may delegate to or manage junior technical staff.
· Licensed Architect or working towards licensure
· 4 to 8 years of experience in design coordination and construction administration
· Knowledge and experience in construction documents and consultant coordination
· Strong communication, collaboration and leadership skills
· Knowledge of NYC zoning and codes strongly preferred
· Excellent digital presentation skills and design sense
· Proficiency in Revit required
· Interest in mixed-use projects, affordable housing, and sustainable community development
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, annual bonus, PTO, and excellent professional development programs.
Email one pdf (15MB or less) including a cover letter w/salary requirements, resume, and select work samples to Lisa Rondon: lrondon(at)maparchitects.com. In order to foster an equitable hiring process we ask that you remove any identifying information such as your name and the names of schools you have attended, from the documents that you submit.
No calls please.